FreePOPs is a stand-between program. It acts as the liaison between your email client and your free webmail service provider (like Yahoo!, HotMail, GMail). This document will help you setup your Outlook 2003 client for use with FreePOPs.
- Latest version of FreePOPs downloaded and installed
- Outlook 2003 (in this document I used Outlook 2003, but all Outlooks are quite the same) installed
- Internet Connection :)
- Open Outlook 2003
- From the Menu Bar click Tools -> Email Accounts. A screen similar to the one below will appear.
- Select the Add a new e-mail account button and click Next. A screen like the one below will appear.
If you are running Outlook 2003 for the first time then this step will appear automatically. But we recommend you to cancel the setup process at Outlook's startup and restart with our step 1.
- A screen asking you to select an account type will appear. You have to select POP3 and click Next.
As you know FreePOPs works by bringing your webmail to your
Inbox, so your email software has to use some protocol to bring the
mail in using FreePOPs. That protocol will be POP3.
- A screen as below will appear.
You have to fill up this form carefully.
User Information: Type down your name in the Your Name box. Type your email address in the E-mail Address field.
Server Information: Type localhost in both Incoming mail server (POP3) and Outgoing mail server (SMTP) fields.
Logon Information: In the User Name field, you have to put your complete email address (for example: email@example.com). And finally put your secret password in the Password field and and click Next.
- You will see a screen like the one below
Select your account here and and click Change.
- Now a box as below will appear and you have to go to the Advanced tab.
In this tab change the Incoming server (POP3) port to 2000 and click OK.
Keep in touch with http://www.freepops.org/ to stay connected with the latest version.